We live in a world dominated by instant news and communication. That is possible through the use of mobile devices and smartphones. With such easy access, it becomes imperative for your business to be involved with the mobile world. Here are five recent statistics that clearly show why mobile needs to be a part of your marketing strategy:
- 87% of millennials always have their smartphones at their side, day and night.Millennials make up a large portion of the current market. Their main source of communication is clearly mobile. If your company wants to reach this generation, then you must market on a platform that will reach them. If a phone is the first thing they look at in the morning and the last thing before they go to sleep, it makes sense to be visible and accessible on this platform.
- 64% of decision makers read their email via mobile devices.Emails are a likely component of many marketing campaigns. Make sure they are mobile-friendly. Countless decision makers and employees delete or do not read emails because they don’t properly load or work on their mobile devices. It’s simple; if you incorporate mobile marketing then you will be reaching the exact people you should be reaching – the ones that will make a decision regarding your business.
- 68% of companies have integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy.More than half of your competitors are taking advantage of mobile marketing. What are you waiting for? If all of them are already mobile, you should be too. Mobile devices only seem to be advancing and show no sign of disappearing; get on board or get lost with the times. However, if such a high number of your competitors are already integrating this into their marketing strategies, simply adding it for the sake of it will not be enough. Mobile marketing should be present but in your own unique and creative way that works specifically for your company.
- 63% of actions resulting from mobile searches occur within one hour of the search.It is clear how many consumers are using mobile devices for research and ideas, coming to a decision, and then following some course of action. Compared to the 55% that make a purchase, more than half are at least acting in some way shortly after a mobile search. As a business it is important to have those actions or purchases focused on you. Whether that action is visiting your website or coming into a store, having a mobile presence and being accessible online to your consumer is very important in the business world today.
- 91% of users turn to their phones for ideas in the middle of a task.Think about this: If a customer was looking for an answer, wouldn’t you want to your business to provide it for them? Almost everyone looks to their phones or mobile devices for solutions. There is a clear need here for mobile marketing to effectively reach your prospects.
So, the next time you are thinking about your marketing campaigns, make sure to include an area for mobile marketing. If a consumer doesn’t look up from his or her phone throughout most of the day, then take the time to put your information there. Mobile device capabilities do not show any sign of slowing down; make sure you are growing your marketing to fit this lifestyle.