Though QR codes have been around for the last couple of decades, they have only become popular and relevant in society within the last five years. According to Edison Research and Arbitron, 21% of American smartphone owners had scanned a QR code, as of 2013. This number has grown significantly in the last two years, becoming one of the most prevalent marketing tools for businesses. Below are five creative ways to introduce QR codes into your organization’s marketing strategy.
- Business Cards. While business cards may seem like an obvious choice to place a QR code on, they often get the most attention. Business cards are constantly being handed out and passed around, so rather than cluttering the card with all of your information, include a QR code. Have the code take the scanner to a page that not only has your contact information, but also has all of the links to your social pages and any other relevant websites. This will allow your audience to get to know you, get in touch with you quickly, and will help avoid clutter.
- Promotions, Discounts, and Giveaways. To help encourage your current and prospective clients to become involved with your business, create QR codes specifically for rewards. Include the QR code in weekly newsletters, on social media sites, or on your company’s website to help gain more attraction to your business. In addition, offer promotions or giveaways, enticing your audience to scan the code and hopefully invest in your products or services.
- Collateral. Instead of only including the codes on business cards, place them on any mailers, coffee mugs, or other collateral to help get your company name out there. Have various things on each code, whether it’s important contact information, your company’s website, or any other things that you think will interest them. Not only will it be original to have it on products that consumers use every day, it will also show potential customers that you have a creative side to your business.
- Building Your Email List. With email blasts being so prevalent in today’s business community, take advantage and use QR codes to help build your list. Create QR codes that link to your eNewsletter subscription page, making it easier and convenient for both you and them. Keep in mind that it’s important to give them a reason to scan the code and subscribe to your list.
- Events. Whether you are giving a presentation at a speaking engagement or attending a fundraiser, include QR codes throughout your presentations to engage customers and show off your creative side. Have each QR code send the audience to a different link, allowing them to participate in your presentation. Not only will it be a fun way to connect with your audience, it will also be an easy way to show them how they could benefit from your business.
Overall, QR codes make it easier to connect and engage with your business’s audience. It’s both a professional yet fun way to introduce what your company has to offer. It adds a surprise factor, enticing your audience to find out more about your company.